Read This If Social Anxiety is Affecting Your Dating Life
When going out with somebody for the first time, are you the type of person who feels confident about himself or do you usually have butterflies in your stomach? When was the last time that you went out with somebody? Did you have a date recently? If you do, how’s your experience? Did it go well according to your plans? Where you able to enjoy your date’s company or was it an experience that you do not want to go through again? If you had problems with your recent date, was it the first time it happened or is this a scenario that has been happening over and over again? If you answered yes to the last question, then chances are, you have social anxiety disorder.
Here are the 6 obvious signs you have social anxiety and it’s now affecting your dating life;
- When you have this type of disorder, you usually anticipate the negative things that might be said about you. You think ahead and you make yourself believe that your date will probably criticize you on your physical appearance and how your attitude is like. You usually think that your date will see you as somebody who is unattractive and a person who does not deserve his or her time.
- You are usually nervous prior to going on a date. Being nervous is a normal feeling especially if it’s your first time to meet the person. But if you have been going out with that for a couple of times already and you are still having those jitters, you clearly have this type of social phobia.
- You will know when you have this anxiety disorder when you anticipate the possible mistakes that you will commit on your date. You always think that you might cause a blunder out of yourself and that your date will just laugh at you and would not want to see you again.
- You always have a shaky voice whenever you speak to your date. When you are having problems communicating with your date and when it is not that easy for you to just have a normal conversation with the person you are with, then anxiety is creeping into you again.
- You avoid having an eye-to-eye contact with your date. This is due to the fact that you are very shy and you feel that you might just blush and faint right in front of your date; the reason why you are trying to avoid the person from staring at you. You have this fear that your date will notice something bad about you that is why you spend most of your time looking down than looking at your date.
- You always feel certain tension even if there is nothing to be worried about. You seems having an upset stomach even if you don’t. You feel that the whole world is closing out on you even if everything is perfectly normal. These are just mere psychological or illusions brought about your negative mindset and behavioral pattern.
If you are struggling with social anxiety every time you start talking to someone or you are dating someone, take heart, believe in yourself and don’t be afraid to seek professional help. Don’t allow this anxiety to rule your dating life. You deserve to love and be loved without worries and fear. It helps to think realistically, focus on the right attitude and keep moving forward.